Trap Map: Reversal (with video)
|Maximum number of participants||4|
|Size of a party||main + 2 mercenaries|
|Time limit||60 minutes|
|Total number of vehicles allowed||3|
|Entry fee||1 M|
|Total upgrade cost||2 M (after Spelltower patch)|
|Boat cost||0.5 M|
|Reward||8 x Troy Warrior’s Loot (160 Atlantica Silver Coins)|
|XP victory bonus||188 M|
Cannon mains and summon portals are like dogs and cats. As soon as I see a summon portal I want to take it down. And that is quite a healthy reflex in TBS missions.
Not here though. At least not regarding the first summon portal at H3…
In “Reversal” you have the task to defeat Hector. Hector is the son of Priamos and has rather red eyes. Reason enough to slaughter him. Besides he has annoyed Achilles a bit because of slaying Patroclus who in turn was an innocent young man and a very dear friend to Achilles. Very, very dear.
Achilles will be present in this mission as “Enraged Achilles”, walking on his own and it will be part of your task to care for him so that he won’t come to harm. Fortunately he has a lot of hitpoints and is somewhat confused where the enemy exactly is.
A possible strategy is this:
1. Clean your base island 1 (the fat orange 1 in the map). Build a boat right away (catapults are useless in this mission). Fulfill your first objective: Kill 2 fallen spearmen. One stands in the north of your base island near the stepping stones with 2 other mobs to keep him company. One will spawn soon from the summon portal to the east.
2. Destroy the Statue Of Poseidon on the island 3 using your boat. Snuggle it in the very upper right corner of F5 so that the enemy cannot reach it and bomb away. Warning: Don’t destroy the statue before you have the objective (after you killed the fallen spearmen). And don’t destroy it while Achilles is standing on stepping stones, they will be flooded a few turns after (see step 5).
3. Move your cannon main (if you have it) to B5 (most upper left point of your base island). With luck you can see already enemy boats which you of course will sink – if not it will help later. By the way: witch will work similar.
4. The rest should watch out for summoned monsters from the stretch of land at 2. Don’t cross the stepping stones and don’t try to destroy the summon portal. Why? Just hover with your mouse over this summon portal and read how many hitpoints it has.
5. After killing the statue of Poseidon on the island 3 it will start to rain. Some turns later (3 in my run) the stepping stones will vanish. Go kill the enemy boats – the first ones hopefully with the help of your already nicely positioned cannon main.
6. Ferry your merry band with your boat to the beach of “4”.
7. Kill the boss.
There is no need to actually enter the island 3. You can destroy the statue of Poseidon at your leisure with your boat. Don’t come too near to the beach though, we don’t want to give the enemy a chance, do we? Oh, and it only works if you have fully upgraded (level 5 training).
I remember from earlier times that the weather changed again and the stepping stones reappeared. That had meant that you won’t be able to replace your boat because the dock will be on the wrong side of the stepping stones. In my last run though, after a long time I hadn’t done it and a lot of patches, it remained rainy the whole time.
It may be that I did not get all the traps. There may be further traps on the island 2 (which you should not enter) and 4 (in some far away nooks).
Help with that is as always appreciated.
Update 2011-10-02: Here is a video I did with Fritz, my (now) level 101 alternative character.